Whole Grain and Lentil Pasta Bowl
Ready in 30 minutes. Serves 4
- 1 C lentils
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 C chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces whole grain pasta
- 2 C broccoli florets
- Place the lentils in a large saucepan. Cover with 3 C water. Bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer. Cook until tender, about 25 minutes. Drain in a colander.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain in a colander. Toss with olive oil and minced garlic.
- Meanwhile, make the lentil sauce. Combine the chicken broth with cornstarch, cheese, and seasonings. Place in a pan and bring to a boil. Add the broccoli florets and cook briefly.
- When the lentils are done, mix the lentils, sauce, and noodles. Serve hot in a bowl.
Nutrition Facts Per Bowl (about 1.5 cups): Calories 413; Protein 24g; Carbohydrates 77g; Fiber 16g; Sugars 2g; Fat 3g; Saturated Fat 1g; Cholesterol 1mg; Sodium 71mg
Source: Food and Health