Spicy Cold Gazpacho Soup
Ready in 30 minutes; Serves 4
- 5 large tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 zucchini, cut into cubes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion, cut into quarters
- 1 jalapeño pepper, stem and seeds removed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 3 C low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 12 cilantro leaves
- Place all of the soup ingredients in a large cast iron skillet or on a sheet tray. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of oil. Broil for 10 minutes, then turn the oven down to 400 degrees and bake 10 minutes more. The veggies should be brown and tender.
- Remove from the oven and place in a large food processor or blender in small amounts with broth, salt, pepper, red wine vinegar, and remaining oil. Pulse until chopped small. Remove all from the blender and place in a large mixing bowl. Refrigerate until chilled for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Serve topped with the garnishes.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: Calories 240.79; Protein 6.04g; Carbohydrates 24.87g; Sugar 12.14g; Fiber 9.04g; Fat 15.33g; Saturated Fat 2.21g; Sodium 39.24mg; Cholesterol 0mg
This spicy cold soup is so refreshing in summer. Serve for lunch or dinner. Round it out with bread or and a tossed salad.
Source: Food and Health