Ready in 30 minutes; Serves 4
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (3/4” thick and 1 pound)
- 2 Tbsp fajita seasoning mix
- 1 large sweet onion, cut crosswise into 1/2” slices
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, halved
- 1 medium green pepper, halved
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Sliced avocado, minced fresh cilantro, lime wedges, optional
- Rub steak with seasoning mix. Brush onion and peppers with oil.
- Grill steak and vegetables, covered, on a greased rack over medium direct heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium rare, a thermometer should read 135º; medium, 140º; and medium-well, 145)º and vegetables are tender. Remove from grill. Let steak stand, covered, 5 minutes before slicing.
- Cut vegetables and steak into strips; serve in tortillas. If desired, top with avocado and cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
For a more complete MyPlate meal, add a fruit and/or a side salad!
Nutrition Information: 1 serving—363 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 686 mg sodium, 34g carbohydrates (6g sugars, 5g fibers), 27g protein