Ready in 20 minutes; Serves 4
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups pre sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14-ounce) can less-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup uncooked ditalini (about 4ounces short tube-shaped pasta)
- 2 TBS commercial pesto
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh parmesan cheese
Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and carrot; sauté 4 minutes. Stir in water and next 4 ingredients. Cover; bring to a boil. Stir in pasta; cook, uncovered, 11 minutes or until pasta is done. Stir in pesto; sprinkle each serving with cheese. Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups stew and 1 tablespoon cheese).
Note: Serve this with more veggies and a fruit. Fill half your plate with fruits and veggies.
Nutrients Per Serving: Calories 324, Protein 15.2g, Carbohydrate 43.7g, Cholesterol 6mg, Total fat 10.2g, Sodium 560mg, Fiber 10.4g, Iron 3.1g, Calcium 150mg.
Source: Cooking Light, Complete Meals in Minutes