Car Seat Fitting Stations Available: Four Corners has staff and volunteer certified car seat technicians to assist in helping you learn the safest practice for installing car seats for your children. Car seat fittings typically are scheduled by appointment only. We are able help you with your already purchased car seat. If you are unable to purchase one on your own, we may be able to help (depending on our stock). Click on the “contact us” tab to find ways to reach our office to schedule an appointment. Information that is helpful for us to know ahead of time: the brand and model of your car seat, and the make, model, and year of your vehicle.
To learn more about how your child should fit in a car seat click here.
Under the direction of the Nebraska Department of Transportation / Highway Safety Office, Four Corners watches driving trends and target areas to educate the Four Corners District on ways to drive more safely. Topics include, but are not limited to, occupant protection, speeding awareness, impaired driving, distracted driving, drowsy driving, pedestrian and bicycle safety, motorcycle awareness, speeding awareness, train/railroad safety, and more.
Four Corners offers bicycle helmet fittings for family events in our district by request. Contact our office for more information.
Do you enjoy a drink every now and then? Many do, often when socializing with friends and family. For anyone who drinks, this side, Rethinking Drinking, offers valuable, research-based information. Learn what a standard drink size means. See signs of a problem. Get tools to make a change.
Alcohol misuse is a health risk factor that a person should pay attention too. Alcohol misuse is more than one drink a day for women and two drinks or more for men. There are several adverse health outcomes to overconsuming alcohol. Some of the main adverse health outcomes include:
- Unintentional injuries (motor vehicle crashes, slips, and falls)
- Violence (domestic situations, homicide or suicide)
- Liver disease, heart disease, and traumatic brain injury
Alcohol misuse can lead to problems at school and work causing increased absenteeism, poor work performance, poor academic performance, increased on the job accidents, and increased health care costs.
If you want to know if you need help with your substance use, Four Corners Health Department has a trained professional that can assess your situation, provide the proper treatment plan, and get you back on the road to living safely substance free. Find out how to reach Renee here.
Alcohol reduces brain function and impairs thinking, reasoning, and muscle coordination. Those are all functions that are very important to driving. Even a small amount of alcohol can affect driving ability. Driving after drinking is illegal, and it’s deadly.
- Plan for a safe ride home before you start drinking. Choose someone who will not be drinking as a designated driver.
- If someone you know has been drinking, take their keys, and help them find a safe ride home.
- If you drink, do not drive for any reason. Call a taxi, or a sober friend.
- If you are the party host, and plan to serve alcohol, make sure all guests have a safe way home.
- ALWAYS wear your seatbelt – it’s your best defense against impaired drivers.
- If you see an impaired driver on the road, contact law enforcement. It could help save someone’s life.