Resources for Quitting Tobacco
UPCOMING TOBACCO QUITTING INFORMATION SESSIONS
Are you thinking about quitting tobacco? Come learn what’s available in Nebraska to help you quit.
You’ll also find out about two tobacco quitting programs:
- Beat the Pack
- Freedom From Smoking
It can help you quit using tobacco (chew & cigarettes).
- Thursday, February 20th at 11:30am at SCC Milford, Dunlap A & B, Milford, NE
- Thursday, March 5th at 5:15pm at Four Corners Health Department 2101 N Lincoln Ave, York, NE
- Thursday, April 2nd at 12:00 Noon at Four Corners Health Department 2101 N Lincoln Ave, York, NE
- Click here for a printable flyer with other upcoming dates!
To register, please contact:
Four Corners Health Department
(402) 362-2621 or (877) 337-3573
FOUR CORNERS OFFERS CLASSES TO HELP PEOPLE QUIT TOBACCO
Contact us today to schedule a workshop!
Tobacco Quitting Options Session: (1 session, 30 minutes to 1 hour)
This session is for those who want to learn what is available locally and statewide to help tobacco users quit. Different options are reviewed, including the state Quitline, American Cancer Society, medical provider support and medications, and classes (Beat the Pack, Freedom From Smoking, and other area options). Participants learn about an online Readiness Quiz they can use to guide their decision in picking a quit date.
Freedom From Smoking: (8 sessions, 2 hours each)
This program, from the American Lung Association, is offered in a group setting. It provides participants a step-by-step process to quit for good. During each session, activities and assignments will provide skills and techniques to support quitting. All of the exercises are intended to help a person gain control over his or her behavior, working through the quit process individually and in a group.
The first 3 sessions help participants prepare to quit.
Session 4 will be the Quit Day.
Sessions 5 to 8 are to help participants stay quit.
This program is more extensive and has a higher fee, but it is ranked as the most effective smoking cessation program. Often called the “Gold Standard” of tobacco quitting programs.
Beat the Pack: (4 sessions, 1 hour each)
This program is offered in a group setting. Participants will learn about the different options for quitting and encouraged to set a quit date before the class ends. The final sessions are intended to help participants stay quit.
All the above classes are provided by a trained facilitator from Four Corners Health Department. To learn more, call 402-362-2621 or toll free 877-337-3573. Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free 2-week supply of nicotine replacement therapy (while supplies last) – information available in both English and Spanish.
- Nebraska’s QuitNow Website
- Call the Nebraska Tobacco Quitline (800) 784-8669. Available 24/7 for FREE!
- Use the QuitNow! Mobile App
- Web-based Coaching – online chat
- Ready.Set.Quit. Resources for Quitting Tobacco also in Spanish
- Quitline FAQ’s in English or Spanish
- Nebraska Tobacco Quitline Fax Referral Program
- Order form for Quitline Resources
- In-person Cessation Programs (outside of Four Corners)
- E-Cigarettes Resources