Four Corners can provide health screenings upon request. Some of the screenings offered are:
- Blood Pressure
- Preventative Health
- Behavioral/Mental Health
- Healthy Lifestyles
- Physical Activity and Nutrition
- Breast Cancer National Risk Assessment
- Colorectal Cancer National Risk Assessment
- Diabetes National Risk Assessment
- Heart Health National Risk Assessment
Here are a few steps you can take to lower your risk:
- Eat Healthy. Enjoy a well balanced diet that includes eating lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, lowering or cutting out added salt and eating less saturated fat and cholesterol. Try one of these healthy recipes for dinner.
- Maintain a Healthy Weight. Proper diet and regular physical activity can help maintain a healthy weight. Take a 30-minute walk to burn around 100 calories. Check out these myths and facts about weight loss and nutrition.
- Be Physically Active.Adults should engage in moderate-intensity physical activity for a total of 30 minutes per day on most days of the week. Click here to find ways to fit physical activity into your day.
- Stop smoking. People who smoke have a much higher risk of having a heart attack or stroke. Here are some reasons to quit. Use this smoking journal to track when and why you smoke.
- Control Your Cholesterol. Eat a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol and high in fiber, keep a healthy weight and exercise.
- Know and Manage Your Blood Pressure. All adults should have their blood pressure checked on a regular basis.
- Manage Stress. Protect your mental health and manage your stress. Check out these tips for dealing with stress.
- Drink Alcohol Only in Moderation. Use this drink size calculator to check how much alcohol is in your favorite drink. Make a list of reasons to reduce your drinking. For help with an alcohol problem, call 800-662-HELP (800-662-4357).
- Schedule a Yearly Checkup with your health care provider.
Living Well With Chronic Disease or Living Well With Diabetes
Living Well is a self-management workshop facilitated by trained leaders that helps you take control of your health by using small steps toward positive changes. Workshops are interactive and not just lectures! You WILL benefit from Living Well if you have or are caring for someone with a chronic condition.
Contact us to learn about upcoming workshops or to register.