If you are in need of food:
- Seward FoodNet at the Seward United Methodist Church is held every Thursday at 5:30pm. The food will be offered with drive-through service.
- Milford FoodNet has moved to the Milford United Methodist Church, 610 2nd Street. Food is distributed on Fridays at 5:30pm. No need to come in, they’ll bring food out to you. Call (402) 416-6197 for more information.
- Blue Valley Community Action in York – the food pantry is still open, and there is still food available. Please call for an appointment (402) 362-3516. Appointments can be made Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 1pm – 3pm. The staff will pre-bag the food and bring it to your car to limit contact. Grocery store donations may be available on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings, typically beginning at 10:30am, as long as supplies last.
- SNAP Information Hotline is available Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 6:30pm in English and Spanish. (855) 444-5556
- Four Corners Health Department can process SNAP applications. The food bank encourages you to apply, even if you have been denied before. Many of the guidelines have changed or been relaxed through the pandemic. Please contact us if we can help you apply.
- Food Bank of Lincoln will continue to hold their monthly mobile food distributions. In our district, they are held in David City, Osceola, Seward, and York. Food will likely be pre-boxed for you to help limit contact. Click here for the dates and locations.
- Living Water Rescue Mission 701 S Lincoln Ave York, NE (402) 362-0127. Meals are served 7-days per week at 7:00am; Noon; and 5:30pm. If possible, make a reservation (especially for the morning meal). If you are unable to make a reservation, it’s okay to show up. Food pantry is available 7 days per week 6:30am – 7:00pm.
- Text FOOD or COMIDA to 877877. You will be prompted to enter your zip code. You will receive information and instructions for locations that off free meals for children ages 0-18 throughout the summer in your area.
- Food Connection at Beaver Crossing United Methodist Church 708 West Street Beaver Crossing, NE. Tuesdays at 4:00pm-5:00pm. Precautions are being taken during COVID-19. Indoor pickups are still permitted, but please remain in your vehicle until instructed to enter so proper gathering limits can be observed.
- Christ’s Kitchen in David City. Available at Dale’s Food Pride & Didiers in David City. Selected items from program shelves can be “purchased” at no cost, a maximum of $10 in groceries. Items may include things like canned soup, canned vegetables, bread, peanut butter, ramen noodles, and boxed macaroni and cheese (items may change, depending on availability).
- Seward United Methodist Church pantry box. A plastic tote filled with pantry supplies is located near the east back door. People can drive up to donate or pick up supplies as needed. If delivery or special assistance is needed, you can contact the church via phone or send a message through their Facebook page.
- Visit the Four Corners event calendar to find area food pantry location, dates, and hours, as well as food distribution dates / times.
- Nebraska Attorney General COVID-19 Scams
- FEMA Debunking Myths
- Better Business Bureau Tips on COVID-19 Scams
- CDC COVID-19-Related Phone Scams and Phishing Attacks
Legal Assistance for Nebraskans Affected by COVID-19
Free Legal Help Hotline Available for Nebraskans Affected by COVID-19. Call (844) 268-5627. Leave your name, number, and brief details on the voicemail. Legal Aid staff will call you back.