Pork Tenderloin Kebabs
Ready in 35 minutes; Serves 4. Serving Size 3 kebabs.
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 2 bell peppers, diced (any color, or variety)
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1 to 2 inch chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into 1 to 2 inch chunks
- 1 pineapple, cubed
- 10 ounces mushrooms, cut in half if wider than 1 inch
- 1 peach, halved, pitted, and cubed
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- If roasting in the oven, preheat the oven to 400ºF. If grilling, preheat the grill to medium-high heat (350-400ºF).
- Place 12 wooden skewers in warm water to soak for 10-15 minutes. If using metal skewers, soaking is not needed.
- Cut the pork tenderloin into 1-inch cubes. Try to keep the cubes small and consistent in size, so they cook quickly and evenly.
- In a large bowl, combine the bell peppers, zucchini, onion, mushrooms, pineapple, peach, oil, salt, and pepper.
- Assemble the kebabs by alternating between the cubed pork and the various vegetable and fruit pieces.
- Roast or grill the kebabs until the pork is cooked to an internal temperature of 145ºF, about 10-15 minutes, turning every 3-5 minutes if grilling.
- Serve warm.
Note: You can substitute the pork loin with 1 pound of boneless pork chops.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories 350; Protein 34.5g; Carbohydrates 31g; Fiber 5g; Total Fat 11.5g; (Saturated Fat 2.5g); Sodium 370mg; Cholesterol 35mg
Source: Adapted from America’s Test Kitchen; Submitted to the VA