Ready in 25 minutes. Serves 4
- 8 oz. dry whole-wheat pasta
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced (about 1/2 clove)
- 4 C assorted cooked vegetables — such as red pepper strips, broccoli florets, or carrot sticks
- 1 can (15 l/2 oz) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4C grated parmesan cheese
- In a 4-quart saucepan, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil over high heat.
- Add pasta, and cook according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, combine olive oil and garlic in a large sauté pan. Cook until garlic is soft, but not browned (about 30 seconds).
- Add mixed vegetables and cook until vegetables are soft, but not browned (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato juice, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add spaghetti and parmesan cheese. Toss until the pasta is hot and well mixed and serve.
Nutrients Per Serving: Calories 319, Carbohydrate 59, Fiber 12g, Protein 13g, Total Fat 6g, Saturated Fat 2g, Cholesterol 4mg, Sodium 167mg
Source: Deliciously Health Family Meals
For a complete MyPlate meal, add a protein (beans or meat) and a serving of fruit!