New Orleans Coleslaw
Ready in 15 minutes. Serves 6.
- 1 head of savory or white cabbage (about 2 pounds before trimming)
- 2 carrots
- 2 sticks celery
- 4 scallions or green onions
- 1 C Light mayonnaise
- 4 Tbsp 2% buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup (or try using honey)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 C pecan nuts (fairly finely chopped)
- Kosher, salt to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Trim and shred the cabbage, either by hand or with a food processor.
- Peel and grate the carrots, and finely slice the celery and scallions.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, buttermilk, maple syrup, and vinegar and coat the shredded vegetables with this dressing.
- Season and toss through the chopped nuts.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: Calories 229; Protein 4g; Carbohydrates 20g; Sugar 11g;
Fiber 5g; Fat 16g; Saturated Fat 1g; Sodium 407mg; Cholesterol 0mg
Source: Nigella Express https://www.nigella.com/recipes/new-orleans-coleslaw