- 4 cups nacho tortilla chips, coarsely crushed (try baked chips)
- 1 pound ground beef (try other lean options)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained, warmed (try no salt added)
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce (try no salt added)
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- Add more chopped vegetables to the nachos or add a salad.
- Place chips in a lightly greased 9-inch pie plate and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Spoon over chips. Top with beans, tomato sauce, vegetables, and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375º until heated through and cheese is melted, for 7-8 minutes.
For a complete MyPlate meal, add a serving of fruit!
Ready in 30 minutes. Yields 6 Servings.
Nutrition Information per serving: 462 calories, 24 g fat (7g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 841mg sodium, 40g carbohydrates (3g sugars, 6g fibers), 26g protein
Adapted From: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/nacho-pie/