Ready in 45 minutes; Serves 6
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 3/4 cup crumbled cooked veggie sausage
- 6 Tablespoons mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Liberally coat a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Divide roasted red peppers, veggie sausage, mozzarella and sun-dried tomatoes among the muffin cups. Top with egg mixture. Bake until set and lightly brown, 22 to 25 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
Note: To make ahead, cool completely and refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze up to 1 month. To reheat, wrap in a paper towel and microwave on high for 30 to 60 seconds.
For a complete, balanced meal, add a fruit or vegetable or fruit or vegetable juice and a whole grain.
Nutrients Per 2-Muffin Serving: Calories 157, Fat 9.1g, Saturated fat 3g, Protein 12.3g, Carbohydrate 6g, Sugars 4g, Fiber 0.8g, Cholesterol 254mg, Sodium 462mg