January 4, 2021—
Four Corners Health Department COVID-19 Update and 4 More Deaths
An additional 4 COVID-19 related deaths are confirmed today in the Four Corners District:
- A York County man in his 80’s, who had been hospitalized;
- A Butler County man in his 70’s, who died at the hospital;
- A Seward County man in his 70’s, who had been hospitalized; and
- A Polk County woman in her 60’s, who died at the hospital.
With these additional deaths, each county adds to their cumulative total of COVID-19 related deaths. Seward County increases to 23; Polk County to 17; York and Butler Counties each reach 11 total. The District total is now at 62.
Over the past 3 days (January 2-4), there were 49 new cases of COVID-19 reported in the District:
- Seward County had 23 new cases for a total of 1,657.
- York County had 21 new cases for a total of 1,407.
- Butler County added 3 cases for 746 total cases.
- Polk County had 2 new cases for 476 cases total.
As of January 4, the total cumulative number of COVID-19 cases in the Four Corners District is 4,286. There were 266 new cases in the previous 14 days, with 138 of those cases recorded in the past 7 days.
For questions about COVID-19, please contact Four Corners at 402-362-2621 or visit the website at www.fourcorners.ne.gov.