January 24, 2022—Four Corners Health Department COVID-19 Update
Four Corners reports that we are now in a surge of new COVID cases, believed to be due to the Omicron variant arriving in the health district.
The past 7 days (January 17 – 23, 2022) have seen 901 new positive (lab-tested) COVID-19 cases in the Four Corners District. This is an increase over the previous week’s total of 614 for January 10 – 16.
The 7-day case total for each county is as follows:
- Butler County—161 (7 day case rate/100,000 population = 1,998)
- Polk County—81 (7 day case rate/100,000 population = 1,535)
- Seward County—269 (7 day case rate/100,000 population = 1,553)
- York County—390 (7 day case rate/100,000 population = 2,832)
There are 7 deaths which occurred in December 2021 and January 2022 determined to be COVID-19 related:
- A Butler County woman in her 70’s
- A Polk County man in his 90’s
- A Polk County woman in her 70’s
- A Butler County man in his 80’s
- A York County woman in her 80’s
- A Polk County man in his 70’s
- A York County woman in her 60’s.
This brings the current total number of COVID-19 related deaths to 104 for the Four Corners District. Seward County has had 42 total COVID-19 related deaths, Polk County 26, York County is at 21, and Butler at 15.
Four Corners Health Department holds walk-in vaccine clinics every week, offering Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines. Boosters, first and second vaccine doses are available every Tuesday and Friday at the Four Corners Health Department:
- At 2101 N. Lincoln Ave in York
- From 2-4 PM Tuesdays and 12-4PM Fridays
- There is NO CHARGE for the vaccine.
For the District, clinic times and locations, and how to get a vaccine, are listed at https://fourcorners.ne.gov/programs-services-2/coronavirus-covid-19-information/covid-19-vaccine-information/.
You can also get a free COVID-19 test at the Four Corners Health Department on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9 am to 1 pm in the North West Parking Lot. A signup and more information for a free test can be found on the Four Corners website.
For any questions, please contact Four Corners at 402-362-2621 or visit the website at www.fourcorners.ne.gov.