Household and Medical Waste Disposal
HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE
Four Corners Health Department each year applies for grand funds to hold a household hazardous waste event in the spring. Funding has been granted through the Nebraska Environmental Trust. Events are being scheduled in Polk and York Counties and dates will be released soon for Spring 2024.
Acceptable Waste Materials (Quantities of more than 5 gallons can not be accepted)
- Banned Materials (chlordane, DDT, etc)
- Fertilizers (yard chemicals)
- Gasoline and Oil in small quantity
- Lead Acid Batteries
- Mercury and mercury related materials
- All Paint and paint related materials (stains, varnish, etc)
- Fluorescent bulbs
- No empty/dried out paint cans- they can go directly into trash.
- Farm Chemicals
- No Medical Sharps