Gnocchi Skillet With Chicken Sausage & Tomatoes
Ready in 15 minutes. Serves 4.
Note: Ad more veggies, if you’d like!
- 1 pound frozen or shelf-stable gnocchi
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt & Pepper—to taste
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes sliced in half lengthwise
- 9 ounces cooked chicken sausage (3 links cut into 1/4—inch coins)
- 1—2 ounces fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced (1/2 to 1 cup loosely packed)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the gnocchi and cook for 2 minutes, or according to package directions. Drain and toss with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Heat a 10-inch or larger skillet over medium heat with a light drizzle of olive oil. Add the sausage and cook until it begins to brown (2-3 minutes). Push the sausages into a pile at the edge of the skillet and turn the heat up to high.
- When the skillet is hot, add the tomatoes, skin down, crowding if necessary. Cook until they are blistered (1-2 minutes). Stir in the sausage and cook until both tomatoes and sausage are slightly browned, about 2 minutes more. Stir in gnocchi and cook just until all is combined, but the tomatoes have not broken down into sauce.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in basil. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: Calories 270; Protein 13g; Carbohydrates 23g; Sugar 3g; Fiber 2g; Total Fat 15g; (Saturated Fat 6g); Sodium 755mg; Cholesterol 63mg