Yields 2 Servings; Prep Time: 10 minutes; Cook Time: 15 minutes; Ready in 25 minutes
Note: Nutrition information includes marinara sauce—not pesto.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/3 cup organic marinara sauce (OR 1/4 cup pesto)*
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil
- Preheat grill or oven to 375º F.
- Slice sweet potatoes length wise (about 1/4” thick), rub or spray with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay a piece of tin foil onto the grill and spray with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place sweet potatoes onto tin foil and grill for 10 minutes or until you’ve created beautiful grill marks on your sweet potato slices. Then, flip.
- Add 1 Tbsp of marinara sauce (or 1/2 Tbsp of pesto) and 1 Tbsp mozzarella cheese to each sweet potato slice and grill for an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from grill and top with fresh basil.
For a complete MyPlate meal, add a side salad and a fruit.
Nutrition Information per serving: 183 calories, 8g fat, 299mg sodium, 21g carbohydrates (7g sugar, 3g fiber), 7g protein