December 23, 2020—
Four Corners Health Department COVID-19 Updates and 2 More Deaths
The first shipment of COVID-19 vaccine arrived in the Four Corners District on Tuesday, December 22, and healthcare workers and EMS have begun lining up to receive a dose of vaccine. Each hospital in Butler, Polk, Seward and York County was allocated a limited supply to vaccinate front-line healthcare personnel.
In the past 2 days, there have been 57 new cases of COVID-19 reported in the Four Corners District (December 22-23):
- Seward County had 22 new cases for a total of 1,554.
- Butler County added 18 cases for 726 total cases.
- York County had 14 new cases for a total of 1,337.
- Polk County had 3 new cases for 460 cases total.
The total cumulative number of COVID-19 cases in the Four Corners District is 4,077. There have been 326 new cases in the past 14 days, with 151 of those cases recorded in the past 7 days.
We are saddened to confirm 2 additional COVID-19 related deaths:
- A Seward County woman in her 80’s
- A York County man in his 70’s, who had been hospitalized.
With this information, Four Corners’ cumulative total of COVID-19 related deaths rises to 55. Seward County increases to 20 total COVID—19 related deaths; York County to 10. Polk County remains at 15 total COVID-19 related deaths, and Butler County at 10.
For questions about COVID-19, please contact Four Corners at 402-362-2621 or visit the website at www.fourcorners.ne.gov.