Improving Skills for the Unique Needs of Children Webinar Series
We are hosting another series of webinars on how to help people who work with youth build skills. These webinars build on the parenting webinars that were hosted in Spring of 2023.
If you work with youth who may experience Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Autism, or Depression/Anxiety, you will learn from these webinars!
Each webinar is available 2 times – one at Noon, and another at 6:30pm. Register by clicking the link on the title of each session below.
- Improving Skills for Youth Experiencing ADHD
- Thursday, September 21st, Noon or 6:30pm
- If you missed it, view the recording here.
- Improving Skills for Youth Experiencing Autism
- Thursday, October 5th, Noon or 6:30pm
- Improving Skills for Youth Experiencing Depression and Anxiety
- Thursday, October 12th, Noon or 6:30pm
Registration is required for participation. There is no cost, and you can sign up for one, two, or all three sessions!
The presenter, Dr. Don Belau, Ph.D., School Psychologist, has extensive experience in working with children and adolescents.
Contact us for questions, or registration.
Tobacco Quitting Information Session
Thinking about quitting tobacco? Come learn what’s available in Nebraska and locally to help you, or a loved one, quit.
You’ll also find out about two tobacco quitting programs: Beat the Pack and Freedom From Smoking
It’s here! Its Free! It can help someone quit using tobacco.
Learn more about the health benefits of quitting.
- Thursday, October 5th, 2023 at Four Corners Health Department, 2101 N Lincoln Ave, York, NE; 6:00-7:00pm (In-Person)
Contact Contact Four Corners Health Department at (402) 362-2621 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register, or for more information.
If that time doesn’t work for you, please let us know. We are happy to find a way to fit into your schedule, and may be able to schedule additional sessions!
Save the Date!
Building a Healthier Community: Addressing Mental Health Stigma
Join us to explore ways to reduce mental health stigma and increase the message of hope.
Learn practical strategies from experts that you can use in your workplace, home, church, and community.
Thursday, November 2, 2023
9:00am – 3:30pm
Holthus Convention Center, 3130 Holen Ave, York, NE
Registration and complete agenda coming soon!
Stay tuned – more information will be released soon!
Adult Mental Health First Aid
Thursday, November 9, 2023 9am – 4:30pm
Butler County Health Care Center
372 S 9th Street
David City, NE 68632
Adult Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental health and substance use challenges among adults.
You’ll build skills and confidence you need to reach out and provide initial support to those who are struggling. You’ll also learn how to help connect them to appropriate support.
After the course, you’ll be able to:
- Recognize signs and symptoms of mental health challenges.
- Recognize common signs and symptoms of substance use challenges.
- Understand how to interact with a person in crisis.
- Know how to connect a person with help.
- Use self-care tools and techniques.
You will be on your own for lunch. Feel free to bring something, or there are a variety of restaurants and grocery stores available 1-3 miles of the workshop location. Materials and training are provided by Region V Systems.
This training is blended. Prior to the training on November 9th, there is a small amount of pre-work that will need to be done. You will receive this information sometime after registration.
Registration required. Register here.
Check back soon for upcoming workshops or events!
Looking for something you don’t see? Contact us to inquire about hosting a workshop! Some of the workshops we can arrange for you to host include:
- Beat the Pack (Tobacco Cessation)
- Diabetes Prevention Program (year-long program)
- Freedom From Smoking (Tobacco Cessation)
- Living Well With Chronic Disease
- Living Well With Diabetes
- Question, Persuade, and Refer (QPR) Suicide Prevention Training
- Tobacco Quitting Information Session
- Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP)
You can also check our calendar for community events that Four Corners is participating in or supporting.