Chicken Pita Sandwiches
Ready in 15 minutes. Serves 6. Includes 1/3 Cup fruits & vegetables per serving!
- 2 C cooked chicken, chopped
- 1/2 C celery, diced
- 1/2 C apple, diced
- 1/2 C grapes, halved
- 1/3 C dried cranberries OR raisins
- 1/3 C plain low-fat yogurt
- Pepper, to taste
- 6 small green leafy lettuce leaves
- 3 (6-inch) whole wheat pita breads, halved
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, celery, apple, grapes, dried cranberries, and yogurt. Mix gently.
- Season with pepper.
- Place 1 lettuce leaf in each pita half. Fill pita with chicken mixture, dividing evenly.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: Calories 170; Protein 17g; Carbohydrates 22g; Sugar 8g; Fiber 3g; Total Fat 2.5g; (Saturated Fat 0.5g); Sodium 170mg; Cholesterol 35mg
Source: UNL Extension Nutrition Education Program