Chicken Pasta Bowl
10 minutes prep. Ready in 25 minutes. Serves 6
- 1.5 lbs penne, dry
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 C chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 C chopped carrots
- 1 C low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 26-ounce jar pasta sauce
- 3/4 C chicken breast, cubed
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain in a colander.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Sauté onion and garlic until golden brown, add carrots and sauté about 3 minutes.
- Add broth, pasta sauce, chicken and oregano. Cook until chicken is done, about 5-6 minutes.
- Chef’s Tips: Serve hot sauce mixture over pasta. This dish goes well with a large tossed salad.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: Calories 228.57; Protein 12g; Carbohydrates 40.4g; Sugar, 5.79g; Fiber 4.26g; Fat 2.67g; Saturated Fat 0.57g; Sodium 648.75mg
Source: Food and Health