- 1 pound flank steak, trimmed
- 3/4 tsp ground pepper, divided
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 2 C chopped fresh strawberries
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 C finely chopped shallot
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for serving
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- Lime wedges for serving
- Season steak with 1/4 tsp each pepper and salt. Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the steak and cook, undisturbed until slightly charred, 3 – 4 minutes. Turn and continue to cook, adjusting the heat as necessary to desired doneness. Transfer to a plate and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine strawberries, lime zest and juice, vinegar, honey and the remaining pepper and salt in a medium bowl. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Thinly slice the steak against the grain. Stir shallot, mint and cilantro into the strawberry salsa. Divide the steak and salsa among tortillas. Serve with lime wedges and more cilantro, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: (2 tacos & 1/4 cup salsa) Calories 339; Protein 28.4g; Carbohydrates 34.6g; Fiber 5.7g; Sugars 8.3g; Fat 10.1g; Saturated Fat 2.9g; Cholesterol 70.3g; Sodium 379.8mg
Ready in 30 minutes. Serves 8