Black Beans & Corn With Poached Eggs
Prep 20 minutes; Ready in 30 minutes. Serves 4
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 C corn kernels (frozen or fresh)
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 (15 oz) can low-sodium black beans, rinsed
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chiles
- 1 tsp red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 C chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp minced red onion
- Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, corn, garlic, jalapeno, cumin, and oregano. Cook, stirring often, until the onions are translucent and the spices are fragrant (about 5 minutes). Stir in beans, chiles, vinegar, and salt; cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Use a spoon to make 4 indentations in the bean mixture. Crack an egg into each indentation. Cover and cook until the whites are set, but yolks are still runny, 4 to 6 minutes (or until desired doneness).
- Sprinkle with cilantro, queso fresco (or feta), and red onion and serve.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: Calories 284; Protein 14g; Carbohydrates 26g; Sugar, 4g;
Fiber 7g; Fat 14g; Saturated Fat 3g; Sodium 569mg
Source: Eating Well https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/280182/black-beans-corn-with-poached-eggs/