- 3 small golden beets, peeled and trimmed
- 2 small ripe avocados
- 1 c chopped assorted fresh herbs (try tarragon, dill, parsley, chives and/or cilantro)
- 1/2 C plus 2 Tbsp low-fat buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 small garlic clove
- 3/4 tsp salt, divided
- 2 Tbsp plus 4 tsp fresh lemon juice, divided
- 8 c chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 (15.5 oz) can no-salt added chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 C lightly packed microgreens
- 1 C fresh corn kernels
- 1 C frozen edamame, thawed
- 1 small Watermelon radish, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- Wrap beets together in 1 sheet of microwavable parchment paper. Microwave on High until tender, 10-12 min. Let cool for 5 min. Cut each beet into 8 wedges. Meanwhile, cut 1 avocado into 12 wedges Chop the remaining avocado.
- Combine herbs, buttermilk, water, garlic, 2 Tbsp plus 2 tsp lemon juice and 1/4 tsp salt in a blender. Puree until smooth, about 10 seconds. Add the chopped avocado; process on medium speed until blended and smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Arrange romaine on a large platter. Top with chickpeas, microgreens, corn, edamame, radish slices, beet wedges and avocado wedges. Drizzle with oil and the remaining 2 tsp lemon juice; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tsp salt. Spoon buttermilk dressing over the salad.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving (2 C salad & 2.5 Tbsp dressing): 292 Calories; Protein 10.9g; Carbohydrates 30.6g; Fiber 10.9g; Sugars 8.3g; Fat 15.5g; Saturated Fat 2.3g; Cholesterol 1 mg; Sodium 400.2mg
Ready in 25 minutes