Asparagus, Mandarin Orange, Chicken, and Rice
Ready in 30 minutes; Serves 4
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 Tbsp mandarin orange juice (reserved from oranges)
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce, reduced sodium
- 3 1/3 C fresh asparagus (trimmed)
- 2 cans (11 oz) mandarin oranges
- 12 ounces cooked chicken breast (cut into chunks)
- 3 C cooked instant brown rice
- In a small bowl, whisk vinaigrette ingredients, set aside.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Place whole trimmed asparagus in a large skillet with 1 1/2 inches of water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 2-5 minutes.
- Rinse with cool water and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- In a medium sized bowl, toss all ingredients.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: Calories 440; Protein 33g; Carbohydrates 51g; Sugar 12g;Fiber 6g; Fat 11g; Saturated Fat 2g; Cholesterol 70mg