- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 C chopped kale
- 1/4 C water
- 2 C shredded or diced cooked chicken
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 (10 oz) can red enchilada sauce (1 1/4 C)
- 1/4 C sour cream
- 2-3 Tbsp minced chipotles in adobo
- 12 corn tortillas
- 3/4 C diced white onion, divided
- 1 1/2 C shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet (12-inch) over medium-high heat. Add kale and water. Cook, stirring until bright green and wilted, about 2 minutes. Stir in chicken, cumin, salt and pepper; cook for 1 minute more. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Combine enchilada sauce, sour cream and chipotles to taste in a small bowl. Spread 1/2 cup of the mixture in the pan. Place 4 tortillas over the sauce, overlapping them to cover the bottom. Top with half the chicken mixture, 1/4 cup onion and 1/2 cup cheese. Layer on half the remaining sauce, 4 tortillas, the remaining chicken, 1/4 cup onion and 1/2 cup cheese. Top with remaining tortillas, sauce and cheese.
- Bake the enchiladas until bubbling, 12 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup onion before serving.
Ready in 30 minutes
Yields 5 Servings
Nutrition Facts Per 1 1/4 C serving: Calories 415; Protein 31.5g; Carbohydrates 34.6g; Fiber 5.6g;
Sugars 3.9g; Fat 17.9g; Saturated Fat 8.2g; Cholesterol 70.6mg; Sodium 652.8mg