Four Corners works with many area partners such as drug prevention, suicide prevention, end of life, and local health coalitions to assist and remain involved in all aspects of community public health.
10 Essential Functions for Health Departments
- Monitor health status and understand health issues facing the community.
- Protect people from health problems and health hazards.
- Give people information they need to make healthy choices.
- Engage the community to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop public health policies and plans.
- Enforce public health laws and regulations.
- Help people receive health services.
- Maintain a competent public health workforce.
- Evaluate and improve programs and interventions.
- Contribute to and apply the evidence base of public health.