Four Corners Health Department needs volunteers. We have a variety of projects and could work with groups and/or individuals. Please call 402.362.2621 or 877.337.3573, or e-mail us at email@example.com if you desire to help promote health.
You can also be added to our volunteer registry by visiting this website and clicking on “Register.” A hard copy of this form is also available by calling our office.
Four Corners Health Department seeks a Family Support Specialist (FSS) to join our team. The FSS will serve in our new home visitation program to support young families. This individual will provide home visits using the Healthy Families America model. Extensive training in the model and curriculum will be provided.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Experience working with infants, young children, and families preferred. Competitive pay and benefits package included. For questions, call Laura at (402) 362-2621 or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The program is family and relationship-centered with a strengths-based approach. If you are compassionate, love to help people succeed, believe in the power of healthy families, and want to make a positive impact on the lives of the next generation, this might be the exact opportunity you are looking for. Family Support Specialists assist in strengthening the parent-child relationship, assist parents in improving their skills to optimize the home environment, improve the family support system, and increase the family’s ability to problem solve and assume the role of advocating for themselves and their children. FSSs assist families in establishing goals and a plan for accomplishing those goals. They also assess the normal growth and development of the focus child.
Family Support Specialist – Selection Criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Experience working with or providing services to children and families
- An ability to establish trusting relationships
- Acceptance of individual differences
- An ability to work with culturally diverse families
- Knowledge of infant and child development
- A willingness to engage in building reflective capacity (e.g., capacity for introspection, awareness of self in relation to others, etc.)
Four Corners Health Department in York, NE is seeking a Graduate Level Student or Provisional Mental Health Practitioner! This position will be involved in integrated behavioral health activities and public health programming of the Four Corners Health Department. The ability to set priorities, to organize and coordinate work efficiently, and to establish positive relationships with co-workers, clients, team members, health care and community partners is required. For questions call Laura (402) 362-2621. To apply email resume to LauraM@fourcorners.ne.gov.
Four Corners is looking to place an individual hired by the Heart Corps! Help drive health equity and improve heart health in rural communities. Gain valuable skills for a career in the public health field. Serve at a local health center, public health department, or a non-profit organization. There is a position available at Four Corners Health Department.
Summer internships and 11-month positions are available.
- Bi-weekly living stipend of $1,062.50 (pre-tax)
- $6895 educational award upon successful completion of service (you have up to 7 years to use this award. Also, if you are over 50, this award is transferrable to a child or grandchild)
- Health benefits
- Training and professional development
- Someone looking for part time may still be considered
Click here for a printable flyer. This flyer also has a QR code with a direct link to job information.
This position would be perfect for:
- A recent high school or college graduate who is unsure what direction their career path might lead.
- Someone who just wants to explore something new.
- Someone who has recently retired, or retired early, and is not ready to stop working altogether.